Juicing isn’t just for grown-ups anymore! Instead of buying processed fruit juice from the store, consider making fresh, nutrient-rich juice at home with a juicer. The benefits are tremendous.
• Filtered and pasteurized (highly processed). Pasteurization destroys all of the enzymes & good bacteria. The child’s body must pull from their enzymes stores to digest, which increases their risk of obesity, inflammation, fatigue, and digestive issues as an adult if their enzyme stores run low. Low bacteria levels impair their immune system and digestion.
• Pasteurization, exposure to oxygen, and long-term storage depletes most of the phytonutrients & vitamins from the juice.
• Juice stored in plastic containers can contain toxins that leach out of the plastic.
• Potential for dangerous preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, or added sugar.
• Raw and chock full of enzymes and bacteria. These nutrients enhance digestion and overall growth. The bacteria enhance immunity, digestion, and also reduces the baby’s risk of autism.
• Significantly fresher, which tastes better and keeps the nutrients intact.
• “Packaging transparency.” You don’t need a label; all it is is fresh fruits & veggies!
• Getting your child to love healthy, nutrient-dense foods early on teaches them healthy eating habits for life. It’s easier to instill good habits while they’re a baby, than to try to change bad ones once they’re older.
Compare for yourself!
Always remember to use organic produce with children- they are 4x more sensitive to cancer-causing pesticides than adults. The pesticides in non-organics specifically increase your child’s risk of lymphoma & leukemia. If you are on a budget, consider using the EWG’s dirty dozen list when you’re choosing what to buy organic and what you can save money on and buy conventional. http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/
If you found this post useful, please FOLLOW me to enjoy more! 🙂