While a multivitamin can never replace the phytonutrients and trace minerals found in whole food, a good quality one will certainly help fill any gaps in your diet. Maybe one day you simply didn’t eat enough vitamin C, or the next you were lacking in magnesium. If you are eating the standard American diet you will undoubtedly be deficient in nutrients, which can over time increase your risk of acute and chronic illness.
Finding a quality product can be difficult in a market flooded with junk, so here I comprised a list of some of the better multivitamins on the market. Many of these companies have a variety of products, from prenatals to 50 plus to kids vitamins. They are free of potentially harmful additives like synthetic vitamins like folic acid, preservatives, artificial colors, titanium dioxide, artificial sweeteners, trans fats, etc.
Keep in mind everyone’s nutritional needs are different- some medical conditions make the body require less or more of certain nutrients, there may be food allergies/sensitivities, most drugs medications deplete certain nutrients, etc. So don’t hesitate to consult myself or another holistic nutritionist /herbalist for further guidance if necessary!
- Vitalerbs for adults or Kid E Mins for kids by Dr. Christopher (the only ones I’ve yet to find that only use whole herbs to get the full spectrum of synergistic nutrients in the way nature intended, instead of using nutrients that are isolated and removed from food or synthesized)
- Thorne Research multivitamins & prenatals
- Naturelo Mens and Womens Whole Food Multivitamin & prenatals
- Smartypants Gummy vitamins for adults, prenatals, and the kids version (keep in mind gummies will not contain very many minerals and may be high in sugar, so use these as a last resort)
- Nature’s Dynamics Womens Gummy
- Dr. Mercola Whole Food Multivitamin
- Megafood Womens and Mens
- Summit Nutrition Mens and Womens
- MaryRuth’s Liquid
- * EDITED TO ADD: I no longer recommend Innate Response as they now are using synthetic folic acid.
And while they did recently get bought out, I haven’t seen any quality changes as of yet in Garden of Life brand. They have good quality Womens, Mens, and Prenatal multivitamins.
You’ll find these products in the links provided, and some will be available at local nutrition stores.
Megan Normansell (Kerkhoff), CHC, AADP, CFH
Certified Holistic Practitioner/Holistic Nutrition/Herbalist/Wild Edibles Guide
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more recipes and healthy living ideas!
Get Even Healthier!
Get the answers you’ve been searching for, and heal your body for good… naturally and holistically. We have successfully helped thousands of people across the country live a healthier life than they ever could have imagined, and specialize in dozens of different health concerns. Curious? Schedule your complimentary consultation with me today! Read the incredible reviews we’ve received over the years here!
http://www.aayushealth.com – firstname.lastname@example.org – 920-327-2221
Copyright Megan Normansell 2018 All rights reserved.