This is my quick and easy version of miso soup, utilizing the seasonal flavors of Wisconsin. You can easily customize it to make it your own! This recipe is vegetarian and gluten free.
- 7 oz of organic tofu or tempeh, cut into small cubes
- A handful of dried wild-harvested kelp, broken into small pieces. You can also buy flaked dulse or kelp, which is available in natural food stores or on Amazon here. The kelp in my recipe was wild harvested by my husband on the beautiful coast of Cornwall.
- About 48 oz of miso broth. You can make your own with something as simple as miso paste and water, but I used Kettle & Fire brand miso chicken bone broth.
- Handful of green onions or chives, chopped
- Handful of your favorite mushrooms, sliced. I’d suggest using whatever is in season in nature, or if you’re not a forager any grocery store mushrooms will do. I used wild oyster mushrooms.
- 1.5 cups of fresh bean sprouts
- 5 oz of dried brown rice or black rice ramen noodles. I used BGreen brand. You can also use some cooked whole grain brown or black rice instead.
- A handful of wildflowers to garnish. I used Damesrocket, as it’s a common tasty invasive in Wisconsin. Violets, creeping Charlie, dandelion flowers, or any edible flowers from your woods or garden would work. Any brassica flowers are edible, so if you grow kale, radishes, etc you can use the flowers from those too!
Bring your miso broth up to a boil, then add the mushrooms and kelp. After 10 minutes bring the heat down a bit and add the noodles and bean sprouts. Once the noodles have been cooked for the length of time recommended on the package (mine were about 5 minutes) turn the heat off. Now add the tofu/tempeh.
Let sit for 10 minutes, then serve in a bowl. Finish by sprinkling with the chopped green onions or chives and your flowers of choice. Enjoy!!
Megan Normansell (Kerkhoff), CHC, AADP, CFH
Certified Holistic Practitioner/Holistic Nutrition/Herbalist/Wild Edibles Guide
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more recipes and healthy living ideas!
Interested in healing your body naturally?
Get the answers you’ve been searching for, and heal your body for good… naturally. We have successfully helped thousands of people across the country live a healthier life than they ever could have imagined, and specialize in dozens of different health concerns. Curious? Schedule your complimentary consultation with me today! Read the incredible reviews we’ve received over the years here.
http://www.aayushealth.com – firstname.lastname@example.org – 920-327-2221
Copyright Megan Normansell 2019 All rights reserved.