It’s no secret the canned cream of mushroom soup is horrendous for your health. Is there even any real food in there?? Here we have a much more flavorful and healthy alternative- great eaten on its own with a salad, or used as a replacement for cream of mushroom soup in your favorite recipes.
To add a wild twist to mine, I chose to use wild chanterelle mushrooms that I had frozen from last summer’s harvest. But you can use any mushroom you can get your hands on and it’ll still be wonderful! In place of the white wine I used my maple sap wine that we brewed with sap from the maples in our yard last winter. (wow that stuff is strong!)
- 16-24 oz mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 6-10 ounces brie, rind cut off and cut into smaller squares
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop 3/4 of the mushrooms, and then slice the rest into thin pieces.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions, thyme, and garlic to the mushrooms and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour and wine then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and brie, and stir as until the brie fully melts.
- Separate the bigger slices of mushrooms, then puree the rest of it in a blender or food processor. Then add in the mushroom pieces for some texture, and enjoy!
Megan Normansell (Kerkhoff), CHC, AADP, CFH
Certified Holistic Practitioner/Holistic Nutrition/Herbalist/Wild Edibles Guide
Get Even Healthier!
Get the answers you’ve been searching for, and heal your body for good… naturally and holistically. We have successfully helped thousands of people across the country live a healthier life than they ever could have imagined, and specialize in dozens of different health concerns. Curious? Schedule your complimentary consultation with me today! Read the incredible reviews we’ve received over the years here!
http://www.aayushealth.com – firstname.lastname@example.org – 920-327-2221
Copyright Megan Normansell 2018 All rights reserved.