Excerpt by Dr. Joseph Mercola
1. Bottle-fed infants receive the highest doses of fluoride as they rely solely on liquids for food, combined with their small size. A baby being fed formula receives approximately 175 times more fluoride than a breast-fed infant.
2. There is not a single process in your body that requires fluoride.
3. A multi-million dollar U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) -funded study found no relation between tooth decay and the amount of fluoride ingested by children.
4. Water fluoridation cannot prevent the oral health crises that results from inadequate nutrition and lack of access to dental care.
5. Water fluoridation is a violation of your individual right to informed consent to medication.
6. Forty-one percent of all American children aged 12-15 are now impacted by dental fluorosis, rising to more than sixty percent of children in fluoridated communities.
7. The chemicals used to fluoridate water supplies are largely hazardous by-products of the fertilizer industry and have never been required to undergo randomized clinical trials for safety or effectiveness by any regulatory agency in the world.
8. The U.S. FDA classifies ingested fluoride for purposes of reducing tooth decay as an “unapproved drug.”
9. Ingesting fluoride has been found to damage soft tissues (brain, kidneys, and endocrine system), as well as teeth (dental fluorosis) and bones (skeletal fluorosis). There are also 24 studies demonstrating a strong relationship between fairly modest exposure to fluoride and reduced IQ in children.
10. Fluoridation discriminates against those with low incomes. People on low incomes are least able to afford avoidance measures, such as reverse osmosis filters or bottled water.
Full article & references: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/24/fluoride-warnings-on-water-bills.aspx