Trying to lose weight, reduce portions, reduce inflammation, regulate digestion, improve diabetes, treat anemia, increase energy, prevent cancer, improve atherosclerosis, support heart health, help your nervous system, live longer, or grow a healthy baby? Lentils, a part of the human diet since Paleolithic times, may be your new best friend. This pulse even has more disease-fighting phenols than apples, cherries, plums, broccoli, cabbage, grapes, & onions.
Watch for my upcoming article on the scientifically proven health benefits of this nutritional powerhouse, but in the meantime- enjoy this delectable gluten free, high protein, & vegetarian dish!
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- I large tomato, cubed
- 2 cups of cooked lentils
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 cups of shredded red cabbage
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- Cilantro to garnish
- ½ avocado, sliced or cubed
- 8 organic corn tortillas
- ½ cup organic plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- ½ pureed avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the onions for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, turmeric, salt, cooked lentils, and tomatoes to the onions, and stir well for another 5 minutes.
- Place your carrot shreds and cabbage shreds in their own bowls. Cut your lime in half and squeeze one of the halves over the carrots and cabbage. Sprinkle with Himalayan salt.
- Prepare your sauce by mixing the yogurt, avocado puree, ¼ tsp salt, and the juice from the remaining lime half together in a bowl.
- Serve on warmed tortillas as pictured and enjoy!
Megan Normansell, CHC, AADP, CFH
Certified Holistic Practitioner/Holistic Nutritionist/Herbalist/Wild Edibles Guide
Interested in healing your body naturally?
Get the answers you’ve been searching for, and heal your body for good… naturally. We have successfully helped thousands of people across the country live a healthier life than they ever could have imagined, and specialize in dozens of different health concerns. Curious? Schedule your complimentary consultation with me today! Read the incredible reviews we’ve received over the years here.
http://www.aayushealth.com – firstname.lastname@example.org – 920-327-2221
Copyright Megan Normansell 2018 All rights reserved.